Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Don and Robin's Roamings

OK, here we go.  We've got our new 2013 Thor Challenger (model 37DT if you want to look it up).  I wasn't sure about the "Thor" brand, we've had Winnebago products before.  Winnebago is synonymous with RV.  I thought they were the biggest in the industry.  Just this week I heard an item on the news that RV sales have been up this year and the biggest share belongs to ... Thor - that's right.  I think it said they had something like 25% of the RV sales in the first half of 2013 and Winnebago had 18%.  OK that makes sense, because we'd been looking for a while and this unit seemed like it had a great combination of features and reasonable price. That's what you'd expect from a leader. 

I've never done a blog before, so this is just the start. So - here's our floor plan. It is pretty accurate.  We don't have the washer/ dryer yet, but it is plumbed for a combo unit under the bathroom counter.  That will wait till we go full time, as will the satellite dish.  But we do have the large two door refrigerator, fireplace and three televisions!  One of them is outside under the awning - it doesn't show on the floor plan.  The awning is electric and so is the shade that covers the front window. Actually there are two shades.  One is a driving shade and then there's a night shade.  The leveling system is automatic too - just push the button and it levels!  How cool.  There's lots of basement storage and a few of them go all the way across.  


It has a rear view camera of course.  Actually it has THREE cameras.  The first time I drove it I had our Jeep "toad" in tow.  I checked to see how it was following behind in the monitor and when I turned the first corner I looked again and... it was GONE!  No wait... there it is in the monitor, but it is really small.  That's when I realized that I was seeing a camera on the right side of the RV.  As it turns out when you operate the turn signal the monitor changes to the camera in the mirror on that side of the rig.  Pretty cool! and I didn't loose my Jeep on the first turn. 

We bought it at Sky River RV in Dublin, CA.  We drove it home on Friday before Memorial Day 2013 and stopped at one of our favorite places in King City, San Lorenzo Park.  We spent two nights there.  As often happens we ran into some people from our area.  

OK - that's a start.  More later.

-don



No comments:

Post a Comment